How to Apply for the Visiting PhD Program
Eligibility and General Application Information
BIGSSS continuously invites applications by doctoral candidates from other institutions to conduct a research stay at BIGSSS. Such Visiting fellows should be working on a thesis which falls into one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields.
There are no fixed application deadlines, but applications should be sent at least three months in advance of the proposed visit. Opportunities are granted in accordance with the capacity of the school to host Visiting fellows.
If you would like to become a Visiting fellow at BIGSSS, please submit the following materials to our Director of Studies (firstname.lastname@example.org) at least 3 months prior to your planned stay:
Application Materials for Visiting PhD Fellowships
1. COVER LETTER, including
- a short description of your project,
- the BIGSSS Thematic Field you are interested in,
- the proposed duration of your stay,
- your source of financing
2. CURRICULUM VITAE
- This should include information on your educational and work history, publications, language abilities and extracurricular interests.
3. DISSERTATION PROPOSAL (5-10 pages)
- Your proposal should include the following sections: State of Research, Objectives, Method, Work Plan, Bibliography