Postdoc Position at BIGSSS Field C "Changing Lives in Changing Sociocultural Contexts" › view all
Call for Applications
BIGSSS currently offers a postdoc position at BIGSSS Thematic Field C "Changing Lives in Changing Sociocultural Contexts" at Jacobs University.
The aim of the BIGSSS Postdoc Program is for our postdocs to produce a significant scientific output (e.g. to publish a journal article or book, write a grant proposal, organize a conference or workshop).
The postdoctoral position is paid in line with payment regulations of the German Research Foundation (Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft, DFG) and funded until 31. Dec. 2018, with a possibility to be prolonged to an overall duration of 24 months.
The program provides our postdocs with the opportunity, resources, and support to:
- advance their academic careers in the vivid environment of an interdisciplinary graduate school with a strong international research network,
- present their research at international conferences and build up international networks,
- disseminate their research finding in scientific publication outlets
- write grant proposals,
- organize a conference or workshop,
- teach and supervise,
- participate in transferable skills training (e.g., didactics, media, career) and establish a mentoring relationship with senior faculty.
In return, BIGSSS expects its postdocs to engage with the BIGSSS PhD-fellows (discussion, mentoring, supervision), and to actively participate in BIGSSS courses (doctoral colloquium, lecture series) as well as academic and social events. Postdoctoral fellows should conduct English-language research projects and have full professional proficiency in English.
Please note: the application process for this call has ended!*
To apply for the postdoc position in BIGSSS Field C, please