BIGSSS hires Senior Coordinator of the Deans Office (80 % FTE) › view all
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS), an inter-university institution of the University of Bremen (UB) and Jacobs University Bremen, funded in the German Excellence Initiative, invites applications for January 2021 for a position as
Senior Coordinator of the Dean’s Office (m/f/d)
(part-time, 30,8 hours/week, limited until 28.02.2025)
The Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences is headed by a deanery consisting of a Dean (from UB) and a Vice Dean (from Jacobs), supported by the Managing Director and the Academic Director. The Senior Coordinator of the Deans’ Office is responsible for the efficient organization of all aspects of the workflow of the deanery. The Senior Coordinator will have offices at both campuses and is expected to flexibly be available at both locations of BIGSSS. Close cooperation with all levels of the administrations of both universities is required. The employer of this position is Jacobs University.
- Comprehensive support of the Dean, the Vice Dean, and BIGSSS’ Managing Director inpublic relations, communications and marketing,
- administrative project management of funded graduate programs (DFG, EU),
- planning and organizing of academic events,
- Documenting and organizing of all operational procedures of BIGSSS,
- Administrative operations of BIGSSS’ Jacobs branch,
- Coordination of organizational workflows between UB and Jacobs.
- A master level (or higher) university degree, preferably in an academic discipline related to the profile of BIGSSS,
- Familiarity with the academic culture of structured graduate programs,
- Experience with project and event management tasks,
- Excellent knowledge of English, both verbal and in writing; familiarity with using the English language in an administrative context is an asset,
- Minimally a good working knowledge of German
We seek a person who is fond of communicating with academics and administrators from all career phases and levels. Resilience and comprehensive flexibility in strenuous situations of having to meet deadlines arising from diverse tasks to be fulfilled by BIGSSS are a must.
For further info please send an eMail to BIGSSS' Managing Director, Dr. Christian Peters.
To apply, please visit the official job announcement on the job portal of Jacobs University.