Job Opening: University Lecturer/ Field Coordinator at BIGSSS Field C › view all
Full-time, 1 year limited
BIGSSS invites applications for the position of University Lecturer/ Field Coordinator at BIGSSS Field C, based at BIGSSS @ Jacobs University!
Jacobs University is a private, state-accredited, English-language research university in Bremen. We are offering Bachelor, Master or PhD programs in three focus areas: Health, Mobility and Diversity. Our principles are first class research and teaching, international diversity and transdisciplinary cooperation. As an international university we attract highly talented and open-minded students from all over the world. Currently, more than 1,200 students from 100 nations live and study on our residential campus.
Run jointly by the University of Bremen and Jacobs University Bremen, the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS) is one of Germany’s leading schools of doctoral training in the social sciences, funded by the Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft (DFG) in the Excellence Initiative and by the European Union (COFUND/Marie Skłodowska-Curie actions). BIGSSS integrates excellent areas of graduate education and research at the University of Bremen and Jacobs University into a synergetic inter-university institution designed to be an internationally competitive model of graduate education.
BIGSSS invites interested candidates to apply for the next possible date as a
University Lecturer/ Field Coordinator at BIGSSS Field C (m/f/diverse)
Full-time, 1 year limited
Job ID 18-32
- budget responsibility and budget allocation
- ex-officio member in BIGSSS executive team
- liaison person for BIGSSS fellows, faculty and administration
- support the BIGSSS PhD fellows (discussion, mentoring, supervision)
- coordination of BIGSSS-Field C academic activities (colloquia, demand-tailored courses)
- coordination of selection process of new (affiliated) fellows
- actively participate in BIGSSS courses (doctoral colloquium, lecture series) as well as academic and social events
- academic scholarship
- teaching at all levels of education within focus area Diversity (overall teaching load three courses)
- PhD degree in political science, psychology, sociology, or a related social science discipline
- Responsible, self-motivated, able to work independently and in teams
- Fluent in English, the language of instruction and communication at BIGSSS; possessing excellent working knowledge of German is an asset
- Teaching experience and excellent teaching evaluations
- Intercultural experience
- Leadership potential
For further information regarding this position, please contact Prof. Adalbert F.X. Wilhelm, Vice Dean of the Bremen International Graduate School of Social Sciences (BIGSSS), at email@example.com.
Applicants should include a letter of motivation, curriculum vitae and publication record, teaching portfolio, copies of certificates and diplomas, certification of English proficiency (optional) and the names and addresses of two referees.
Please send your application stating the Job ID 18-32 and your availability as one pdf document via email to Ms. Patricia Herrmann, Human Resources, firstname.lastname@example.org.
The review of applications will begin immediately and will continue until the position is filled. Jacobs University is an equal opportunity employer.