- Authored a paper on “Caught by surprise: Challenged Muslim leadership and vulnerability of Kenyan Muslims to violent religious extremism” (Upcoming).
- Authored a chapter on “Online religious extremism in the Horn of Africa region,” Edited volume of Hedaya and Edith Cowan University, 2016, http://www.hedayahcenter.org/Admin/Content/File-410201685227.pdf.
- Authored a paper titled: “Kenya and Somalia: constitutional gains for women and the threat of patriarchy,” Africa Security Review, Vol. 24, Issue 4, 2015.
- Co-authored an article on: “Security, governance and regional integration: Issues in today’s Africa” Development 56, SIDA, September 2013 (Pg 321-327).
- Authored a paper titled “Raising Africa and the paradox of its media image: can African journalists finally rescue the situation?” (ACCORD’s Conflict Trends Issue 4. 2013).
Op-eds and Others
‘Secular’ Vs ‘Religious’ Violence: When Is Terrorism Not Terrorism?: https://www.theelephant.info/features/2020/01/16/secular-vs-religious-violence-when-is-terrorism-not-terrorism/. 16th January 2020.
Authored a short analysis on the “What does closing the Dadaab refugee camp mean?” on the Life and Peace Institute’s Horn of Africa Bulletin, September-October 2016,Vol. 28, Issue 5, http://reliefweb.int/sites/reliefweb.int/files/resources/Horn-of-Africa-Bulletin-september-october2016.pdf.
- Authored a short analysis on “Political will is vital to curb terrorism financing, money laundering and recovery of Africa’s looted assets.” 13th October 2016, http://www.pambazuka.org/democracy-governance/political-will-vital-curb-terrorism-financing-money-laundering-and-recovery.
- Co-authored an “ISS Today” on “Somalia elections: Much at stake for gender representaiton” 23rd September 2016, (https://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/somali-elections-much-at-stake-for-gender-representation).
- Co-authored a analysis on “Removing barriers to youth participation in electoral processes: entry points for electoral management bodies.” https://aceproject.org/ace-en/topics/em/elections-and-youth/the-case-of-kenya.
- Authored a short essay on “Media literacy for religious actors can help dispute extremist propaganda.” 7th July 2016, http://www.pambazuka.org/human-security/media-literacy-religious-actors-can-help-dispute-extremist-propaganda.
- Co-Authored a short analysis on: “Signs of violence ahead of Kenya’s 2017 elections”, 17th June 2016, https://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/signs-of-violence-ahead-of-kenyas-2017-elections.
- Authored a short essay on essay on Patriarchy, extremism and why we ant ignore women, 19th October 2015, http://allafrica.com/stories/201510281193.html.
- Co-authored an “ISS Today” on: Does private security companies mean better security for Kenya?, 1st June 2015, http://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/does-private-security-mean-better-security-in-kenya.
- Authored an “ISS Today” titled: “Communities key in countering Africa’s resource curse”, 10th April 2015, http://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/communities-key-in-countering-africas-resource-curse.
- Authored an essay titled: “Kenya’s bid to regulate religious institutions” on the Life and Peace Institute’s Horn of Africa Bulletin, January-February 2015, http://life-peace.org/hab/kenyas-bid-to-regulate-religious-institutions-2/.
- Authored an article in the “ISS Today” titled: “The missing voice of Kenya’s civil society” 21st November 2014, http://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/the-missing-voice-of-kenyas-civil-society,
- Authored an article titled: “Beyond the Façade and what Operation Usalama Watch exposes about the War on Terror in Kenya”: May 2, 2014, http://matsutas.wordpress.com/2014/05/02/beyond-the-facade-and-what-operation-usalama-watch-exposes-about-the-war-on-terror-in-kenya-by-hawa-noor/.
- Authored an article titled: “Solution to ideological struggles and extremism lies in dialogue, not force” Daily Nation Newspaper, Thursday, April 3rd 2014, http://www.nation.co.ke/oped/Opinion/Solution-to-ideological-struggles-and-extremism/-/440808/2269366/-/adij6fz/-/index.html.
- Authored an essay titled: “Responding to violent radicalization in Kenya” on the Life and Peace Institute’s Horn of Africa Bulletin (Vol. 26, No. 1, January-February 2014).
- Authored an essay on “Pambazuka News” titled: “Repatriation of Somali refugees from Kenya and the principle of non-refoulement”, Issue 644,5, February 2014, http://www.pambazuka.org/en/category/comment/90439.
- Contributed to an ISS Peace and Security Council report titled: “Country analysis; Kenya after the Westgate mall attack” (PSC Report Issue 52, November 2013).
- Authored a paper titled: “Doubled edged constitutional gains for Somali women” on the Life and Peace Institute’s Horn of Africa Bulletin (Vol. 25, No. 5, September-October 2013).
- Co-authored an article in the “ISS Today” titled: “A new solution that brings new problems for Somalia’s Jubaland”, 11th July 2013, http://www.issafrica.org/iss-today/a-new-solution-that-brings-new-problems-for-somalias-jubaland.