How to Apply for the Postdoc Program
If you are interested in becoming a BIGSSS Postdoctoral fellow, please take a look at the following guidelines to find all the essential information on open calls, admission requirements, application materials and FAQ.
We currently have no open calls for our BIGSSS Postdoc Program. Please check back.
- BIGSSS invites applications from candidates with a doctorate in political science, sociology, psychology, or related social science disciplines within the last three years.
- We expect our candidates to conduct English-language research projects and to have full professional proficiency in English.
- Applicants need to have graduated prior to commencing their postdoctoral stay. They must have received their respective degree by July 31 of the year of the program start.
- Applicants have to apply to one of BIGSSS’ three Thematic Fields.
General Application Guidelines - Please read carefully
Please submit your application for a BIGSSS Postdoctoral Fellowship electronically via our Regular PhD & Postdoc admissions system.
Please note that the program commences on September 1st. The Regular PhD & Postdoc admissions system for the Postdoctoral program opens on November 7th. The application deadline for the Postdoctoral program is January 31st in order to be considered for the program starting in the fall of the same year. All deadlines refer to the date of receipt of the application, not the mailing date.
You will find a list of what your application should include below.
Our online admissions system will only accept documents in pdf-format. You can download a free version of PDFCreator.
If you have any questions regarding the admissions process, please consult our Frequently Asked Questions section below after carefully reading the website or contact our Admissions Officer (email@example.com).
Please make sure to submit all required application materials in your online application.
Checklist of application materials for a BIGSSS Postdoc Fellowship:
- Personal Information form (to be completed in the online admissions system)
- Curriculum Vitae & Publication Record (free text - PDF)
- Career Statement & Research Plan (free text - PDF)
- Research/Publication Plan (free text - PDF)
- Two Samples of Publications (if available) (PDF)
- MA/BA/Diplom/Magister Certificates (scan - PDF)
- University Grade Transcripts (scan - PDF)
- Certification of English Proficiency (optional) (scan - PDF)
- Two Recent Letters of Recommendation (to be submitted by referees via the online admissions system)
Please make sure to download and read the complete list of application materials for the BIGSSS Postdoc Program, including all detailed descriptions and guidelines!
All application materials must be submitted via our Regular PhD & Postdoc admissions system only.
You will find answers to the frequently asked questions regarding the admissions process in our list of FAQ. Please read them carefully before submitting your application in the online admissions system.