How to Apply for the Affiliated PhD Program
We are currently accepting applications to the BIGSSS Affiliated PhD Program. Please read the call for applications to find out if you are eligible and how to apply. For further questions, please contact our admissions officer at email@example.com.
Doctoral candidates who work in third-party funded or professorial research projects in the social sciences at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University may apply to BIGSSS for admission as "Affiliated fellows".
Their doctoral research projects should be related to one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields.
English language proficiency at the level of C1 is required.
General Information on Application - Please read carefully
To apply to this program, you must send the application materials in one single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please refer to the call for applications to find information about application deadlines and program start dates.
You will find a list of what your application should include below.
We can only accept documents in pdf-format. You can download a free version of PDFCreator.
Application Materials for Affiliated PhD Fellowships
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION FORM (free text - PDF)
2. CURRICULUM VITAE (free text - PDF)
3. LETTER OF SUPPORT BY FIRST SUPERVISOR (free text - PDF)
4. PROPOSAL DRAFT WITH A FOCUS ON RESEARCH QUESTION (free text - PDF)
5. STATEMENT OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WITH METHODS OF EMPIRICAL SOCIAL RESEARCH (free text - PDF)
6. MA/DIPLOM/MAGISTER CERTIFICATES (scans - PDF)
7. CERTIFICATION OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY (optional, scan - PDF)
Please note that this is just an overview of the application materials you will need. For the detailed list of application materials with further guidelines please download the complete list of application material for an Affiliated PhD Fellowship at BIGSSS.