How to Apply for the Affiliated PhD Program
Doctoral candidates who work in third-party funded or professorial research projects in the social sciences at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University may apply to BIGSSS for admission as "Affiliated fellows".
Their doctoral research projects should be related to one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields.
English language proficiency at the level of C1 is required.
General Information on Application - Please read carefully
The next Affiliated PhD program commences on Sept 1, 2017. Applicants to the Affiliated PhD Program have to submit their applications until July 31, 2017. All deadlines refer to the date of receipt of the application.
Candidates are asked to submit the following application materials via the online admissions system:
Application Materials for Affiliated PhD Fellowships
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION FORM (to be completed in the online admissions system)
2. CURRICULUM VITAE (free text - PDF)
3. LETTER OF SUPPORT BY FIRST SUPERVISOR (free text - PDF)
4. PRELIMINARY DISSERTATION PROPOSAL (free text - PDF)
5. ONE-PAGE PROPOSAL ABSTRACT (free text - PDF)
6. STATEMENT OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WITH METHODS OF EMPIRICAL SOCIAL RESEARCH (free text - PDF)
7. MA/DIPLOM/MAGISTER CERTIFICATES (scans - PDF)
8. CERTIFICATION OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY (optional, scan - PDF)
Please note that this is just an overview of the application materials you will need. For the detailed list of application materials with further guidelines please download the complete list of application material for an Affiliated PhD Fellowship at BIGSSS.