How to Apply for the Affiliated PhD Program
There are currently no open calls for our Affiliated PhD Program. Please check back at a later time. For questions, please contact our admissions officer at email@example.com.
Doctoral candidates who work in third-party funded or professorial research projects in the social sciences at the University of Bremen or Jacobs University may apply to BIGSSS for admission as "Affiliated fellows".
Their doctoral research projects should be related to one of BIGSSS' three Thematic Fields.
English language proficiency at the level of C1 is required.
General Information on Application - Please read carefully
If there is a current open call for applications, you should submit an application for the Affiliated PhD Program using the online admissions system. Please refer to the call for applications to find information about application deadlines and program start dates.
You will find a list of what your application should include below.
Our online admissions system will only accept documents in pdf-format. You can download a free version of PDFCreator.
Application Materials for Affiliated PhD Fellowships
1. PERSONAL INFORMATION FORM (to be completed in the online admissions system)
2. CURRICULUM VITAE (free text - PDF)
3. LETTER OF SUPPORT BY FIRST SUPERVISOR (free text - PDF)
4. PROPOSAL DRAFT WITH A FOCUS ON RESEARCH QUESTION (free text - PDF)
5. STATEMENT OF SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE WITH METHODS OF EMPIRICAL SOCIAL RESEARCH (free text - PDF)
6. MA/DIPLOM/MAGISTER CERTIFICATES (scans - PDF)
7. CERTIFICATION OF ENGLISH PROFICIENCY (optional, scan - PDF)
Please note that this is just an overview of the application materials you will need. For the detailed list of application materials with further guidelines please download the complete list of application material for an Affiliated PhD Fellowship at BIGSSS.